Cosmetic surgery procedures throughout Melbourne are available now more than ever before. They are not frowned upon as before, and many people are opting for them. This could be for health reasons, to improve the appearance and even get rid of scars. Liposuction procedures are numerous and can reduce and firm the the skin around the breasts.
This is surgery that is done to decrease the area of fat around the breasts. Women often look for the best liposuction Melbourne surgery when they consider their fat areas to be too large or when they want to decrease the volume after pregnancy or after putting on weight. Women who normally go for this type of liposuction and are considered good candidates for it have the following characteristics.
- Their breasts are fully developed. This eliminates teenagers and very young women.
- They are in poor physical shape.
- They may feel that their fat areas around their breasts are too large.
- They may have gone through pregnancy or weight gain resulting in increase of volume.
- They may have breasts of unequal size and want to remedy this.
In addition to this, they may want to combine the procedure with breast augmentation.
Types of implants used
There are various implants that are used for breast augmentations.
- Silicone implants
These implants feel very much like natural breast tissue. They stay in place even when they leak. However, those who go to them will need to have regular checks to check for leaks.
- Saline implants
These are filled with a saline solution. They are healthier because the saline solution is absorbed by the body in the case of a leak. They can then be expelled through normal body processes. These implants also provide a firm feel.
- Gummy bear implants
These contain silicone gel but in a heavier consistency. They stay in place and do not break like the other silicone implants. They require deeper surgery to put into place.
Some of the risks involved in breast augmentation are:
- Rapture of the implant and the resulting leakage.
- Infections in the area after the surgery.
- Persistent pain and change in the breast and nipple sensation.
This surgery involves removing excess skin from the breast, tightening the tissue around it so that you end up with a desirable breast shape.
Women usually want a breast lift because of the following reasons:
- Loss of shape due to aging, breastfeeding, and weight loss.
- Breasts have a flat appearance and nipples point downward.
- Sagging unattractive breasts that lack volume.
The risks involved in breast lifts include:
- Breast asymmetry
- Change in breast and nipple sensation
- The death of fatty tissue located deep within the breast.
- Bleeding, infections and poor healing of incisions.
This is a surgery opted for by women with larger than normal breasts that may cause neck and back pain. They may also be disproportionate to the body. It involves removing excess tissue, fat, and skin to make the breast smaller and more proportional.
Women who are considered for breast reduction have some of the following characteristics.
- They have overly large breasts.
- They feel some discomfort due to the weight of their breasts.
- They may feel self-conscious due to the pendulous large shape of their breasts.
- They may experience neck pain, back pain and irritation underneath the breast.
Some of the risks involved here include:
- The loss of the ability to breastfeed.
- The excessive tightness of the breasts.
- Bleeding, infection, and scarring.
- Breast asymmetry.
Thus, cosmetic surgery for the breasts can cover these as well as other areas. Always take the time to research the procedure that you desire and speak to your doctor. They’ll be sure to guide you in making the proper choice for you.